Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Not having an easy time setting up my printer.  I don't see where the ink cartridges go.  I opened the front panel; but I don't see where or how the ink sets in the printer.  I think I am missing something.  Can some one help me.  Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@LJoR

Here is a video that will assist you both for installing the cartridges.
http://goo.gl/zoVsc

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.

View solution in original post

51 REPLIES 51
HP Recommended

Hi,

Make sure the printer is turned on first, and then try following video below:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02872323

Please let us know of any problem you may have,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

With mine, even the ink carriage, even when turned on, will not slide over and remains 'below; the control panel

HP Recommended

sorry for typos .... multiple disabilities.  I try  to catch them on re-read, but some slip through.  Sorry again ::smileymad:

HP Recommended

I'm setting up my new HP Office Jet Pro 8600 Plus, but when I open the front door, the carriage does NOT move to the left so I can load the Set Up Cartridges supplied with the machine.  Help!

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.  When I open the front panel, the cartridge carrier remains to the right side and does not slide over to the left side to permit access and insertion of the Set Up Cartridges! Boo Hoo!

HP Recommended

Hi,

I just bought a new HP 8600 OfficeJet Premium.  After powering up and selecting the language and region it tells me to install the ink cartridges.  When I open the panel on the front, the holder for the cartridges is over to the right behind the control panel, it does NOT slide to the left so I can access it to install the ink.  There's no way to install the ink cartridges.  Is there something I can to to make the holder slide left?

Thanks,

Steve

HP Recommended

like many other posts, when I go to install ink cartridges on a new printer the carriage does not move to the left to have access to it to load the new cartridges.

HP Recommended

When I had that problem I returned the printer to the store and got another one.  The second one worked fine.  I think there are a lot of defective hp 8600 printers out there and hp won't admit it.  However after getting the second printer, I really like it -- it works great.

HP Recommended

I just bought the HP Office Jet Pro 8600 printer.  I set it up as shown, but when I open the access door to try to insert the ink cartridges, the ink cartridge carriage stays over on teh right, and will not allow me to insert the cartridges.  Is this another defective machine, or what?  I can't believe how many people are asking the same question about the same machine???

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.