Question

Student
Message 1 of 5 (3,154 Views)

how do i install my hp officejet 6500 e709a series without a disk onto a ibm thinkpad

I have an hp officejet 6500 E709a Series I have lost the installation disk and I need to connect / install it on my laptop. The laptop is an IBM ThinkPad.  The system it has is Microsoft Windows XP  Version 2002 Service Pack 3  Computer Intel(R) Pentium (R) M  Processor (R) M 1500MHz 1.50GHz  512MB of RAM.

Can I install my officejet on it without harming the laptop?  If so how do I install it without the disk?

Thanks

AC

Provost
Message 2 of 5 (3,139 Views)

Re: how do i install my hp officejet 6500 e709a series without a disk onto a ibm thinkpad

The drivers can be downloaded from HP here.  I would suggest using the "Full Featured Driver".  There are also firmware and other updates that may be applied.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Student
Message 3 of 5 (251 Views)

Re: how do i install my hp officejet 6500 e709a series without a disk onto a ibm thinkpad

how can i install my printer with out a disk

Dean
Message 4 of 5 (249 Views)

Ali53 wrote:

Download the installatin files from the HP web site and install them.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution .
I worked for HP but now I'm retired!

Printer Hint #1 - Always buy a printer with a display panel for configuration.
Printer Hint #2 - Always buy a printer with separate black and separate color cartridges.
Printer Hint #3 - Always buy a wireless printer with an Ethernet port for backup.
Special Note: There is a 96.3% chance the information you seek is in the User Guide/Manual.
Provost
Message 5 of 5 (247 Views)

Ali53 wrote:

See my response from nearly five years ago here.  What operating system?  If you are using a recent version of Windows then use the Driver Wizard from http://www.hp.com/go/tools.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation