Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hello mahmoud2090

Have you tried what Bob_Headrick and I have posted above. Both are excellent suggestions. Do you have any problems with the install?

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
HP Recommended

`I have an HGP6500A and I also have an iPad, and have been having problems printing from my iPad.  It keeps coming back sauying it cannot find any Air Printers.

I have contacted Apple and they have said try re-installing my HP, which I have tried to do 4 times, but it keeps saying that the installation failed because the data is damaged.  I cannot see anything on the disc to show any scratches and it has been in the computer for most of the time trying to load.  

So if I can re-install it without a disc that would be fantastic.

Thanks for your help

HP Recommended

Hello janeb

Just to be sure please verify you Have the Officejet 6500A by checking your model Number. I just want to make sure as the regular Officejet 6500 does not have airprint capability.

How Do I Find My Model Number?

I would also suggest obtaining Bonjour Browser from the App store on your iPad. It is an iPhone app but I have tested it on an iPad 2. It can scan your network for Bonjour compatible devices. I was able to locate all my Airprint printers with the network scanner.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

HP Recommended
I have loaded the Bonjour Browser as you suggested and it cannot find my network although the iPad that I am using to send this message is connected to it. And yes it is the 6500A Thanks
HP Recommended

Hello janeb1376

What router/wireless access point are you using? Do you have a computer with the printer installed and if so what operating system?

Try printing a Network Configuration Page to see if the printer is properly connected to the network.

HP Recommended
I have managed to re-load the disc after the 6th attempt and it has worked and I can now print from my iPad THANKS Kudos applied
HP Recommended

Hello janeb

Glad to hear your issue is resolved. If you ever have problems again feel free to post again.

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

i last the cd for the officejete 6500

HP Recommended

@boldmna50 wrote:

i last the cd for the officejete 6500

Please read this post then provide some details.  What printer model - there are a number of Officejet 6500 models? What operating system? Do you have a 32 bit or 64 bit version?

You can click the "Support and Drivers" link at the top of the page, then enter the model.  Pick the exact model, then select the operating system and look for a  full featured driver for download.  Do not connect the printer until instructed to by the installation program.

Support.png

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.