Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

What is the procedure to reset the C410 photosmart printer?  The black ink will not print.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi Svensk

Have you followed the steps in the Troubleshooting Print Quality Issues document?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02100786

Details on performing a power re-set are below

Performing a power reset of the All-in-One
Use the following steps to perform a power reset.
  1. Press the Power button ( ) to turn off the product.
    NOTE:The product might not turn off after pressing the Power button. Continue to the next step regardless.
  2. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
  3. Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet.
  4. Wait 30 seconds.
  5. Replug the power cord into the electrical outlet.
  6. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
  7. Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the product.

Hope this helps

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended
I also have a C410 and I have tried the plugging in and out to no avail. My printer seems to be in stuck mode. All I get is "Ink Cartridge Problem. the following Ink Cartridges appear to be missing or damaged. They are ALL brand new. I just purchased them at Target. Any ideas that you might have, I'd certainly appreciate.
HP Recommended

Hi Randyyoungsr,

I understand that your printer is getting an error message.  I would take a look at the document below.

Ink Cartridge Problem

Let me know how it goes.

HP Recommended

I have a Photosmart C410 All in One.  I just installed brand new HP ink cartridges.  The printer continually displays the message that all of the cartridges are missing or damaged.  I have tried all of the procedures outlined here

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03591222 with no success.  I have also power cycled the printer to reset it.

Can someone help me with this?

HP Recommended

Hey Juraf50,

If you have performed all the steps in the document, cleaned contacts of the cartridges and matching contacts in the printhead of the printer, replaced the cartridges, replaced the printhead of the C410a, and the problem is still continuing then it is an issue with the electronics of the ink system in the printer itself.

The next step will be product replacement.  Do you know if this printer is in warranty?  www.hp.com/go/warrantycheck

To contact HP Tech Support please click the link provided below.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP

Hope this helps,

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.