05-24-2011 02:06 AM
You did not provide a lot of detail, but if its the thin plastic strip that runs through the printer carriage, you most likely wont be able to fix it. Ussually when this brakes it means the unit is gone and needs services. Doing it yourself is next to impossible as the carriaga needs to be alligned with the strip and specialist equippement is needed to do this.
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)