12-04-2012 11:47 AM
i have a Hp deskjet 1000 - j 110a.
i use hp 802 small cartrilege . insted of buying new cartrilege i use to refill the cartilege of my own .
but when i use ink level estimate , its shows empty so i want to reset the level of ink .
so can anyone can help me how to reset the ink level for my printer ??
12-05-2012 12:24 PM - edited 12-05-2012 12:25 PM
The one procedure that you can try is an ink hardware reset. The purposes of this is to reset the ink sensors in the machine:
To do that reset:
1. Take the cartridges out of the printer. Close carriage access door
2. Unplug cord from the rear of the printer
3. While cord is unplugged from printer, hold down the power button on the machine for a least 30 seconds, it is okay to hold it longer, but don't
do less than a 30 second hold.
4. Plug cord back into printer, when the printer asks for the ink cartridges, place them in one at time, waiting for it to recognize the one before
inserting the next.
If this does not work, then there is not another way to get the printer to recognize the refilled cartridges as something could have happened to the sensors on the cartridges during the refill process.
Here is a link to another post that offers more information on refilled inks and how they compare with HP I Hope this helps.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)