07-28-2013 12:17 PM
My HP 8500A had suddenly begun to fade out half way through the page and I am wondering if one of the printheads has gone bad. How do I know it is not just a clogged tube or something rather than spend $100 on new printhead only to have them fail. flightdoc
07-29-2013 04:06 AM
Hi flightdoc, have you checked the ink levels?
07-29-2013 05:16 PM
They are all new ink cartridges and when I check the ink levels, it shows them dropping with each cleaning. That is an expensive way to clean the machine. flightdoc
07-30-2013 03:54 AM
Is your printer still in warranty, have you tried calling HP Support?
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)