01-15-2014 11:10 AM
my hp deskjet 5550 spits out an extra blank page after printing the first page of any document, then prints the remaining pages (if there are any) of the document. the type of document doesn't matter--word, excel, pdf, web page--it always spits out a blank page after printing the first page. if i print the document from back to front, it still spits out one extra page after the first page printed, which would now be the last page of the document. the 5550 is connected with a usb cable to a hp pavilion a6130n desktop pc, which has been upgraded from Windows Vista to 8.0 to 8.1. The problem started with the last upgrade to 8.1. if i connect the printer to another 8.1 pc (my laptop) with the usb cable, the 5550 does not spit out an extra page. so, the problem must be in what the desktop is telling the printer to do. how can i stop the printer from spitting out an extra blank page after the first page it prints?
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)