Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy5530 Printer
Windows 7

I have a one year old HP Envy5300 All in one Printer.  It was working fine until recently.  We had a few power outages due to weather.  After the power was restored, the printer would try to print the alignment page.  It would "think" forever and not move forward until the printer was turned off and back on.  This past week, a new more serious problem occurred.  the display screen is all blue with a flashing C4EBA341.  It is also flashing the icons for right arrow, left arrow, home, return, etc, but nothing is able to be pressed or selected. Turning off and back on does nothing.

We attempted a fix we found online that said to hold down the power button until it turns off, unplug the printer, hold down the power button for 15 seconds and then turn it back on.  After this attempt,  NO RESULT. 

We are looking for a Hard Reset option to reset this printer so that we can use it, or some other option to reset it.  Any help you can offer would be GREATLY appreciated.  THANK YOU!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello jdkatsion,

✔️Please try the below steps..

1> While the printer is ON, remove the cartridges.

2> While the printer is ON, unplug the power cord from back of the printer.

3> Power Off the wireless router.

4> Wait for 60 seconds.

5> Plug in the power cord to the printer. If printer does not power ON, then press the ON button to do so.

6> Install the cartridges when prompted.

The above steps should resolve the issue.

☑️If not, try the  steps that are mentioned in the below URL : HP ENVY, DeskJet Printers - The Resume Light and Ink Alert Lights Blink

☑️ You can try update the drivers: HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads 

Thanks

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello LorraineRN,

Please try the below steps..

2> While the printer is ON, unplug the power cord from back of the printer.

4> Wait for 60 seconds.

5> Plug in the power cord to the printer. If printer does not power ON, then press the ON button to do so.

Regards,
Jabzi

HP Recommended

Here are some good troubleshooting steps for this error

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-Issues-Troubleshooting/HELP-HP-Photosmart-5520-C4EBA341-ERROR/...

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended
This worked great! I would not have thought that the cartridges and power were related to this error message. Saved us from junking a perfectly good printer. Thanks again!!
HP Recommended

I am also having this issue with my printer. I was excited to see a solution that worked for someone, but I cannot get the black ink cartridge out because it is all the way to the right underneath some of the plastic casing. It won't move left when I open the lid to the printer. Anyone know how to make it move so I can get the cartridge out and follow the rest of the steps?

HP Recommended

Hello jdkatsion,

✔️Please try the below steps..

2> While the printer is ON, unplug the power cord from back of the printer.

4> Wait for 60 seconds.

☑️If not, try the  steps that are mentioned in the below URL : HP ENVY, DeskJet Printers - The Resume Light and Ink Alert Lights Blink

☑️ You can try update the drivers: HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads 

Thanks

Regards,
Jabzi

HP Recommended

You may find that you need to allow the printer to move the cartridge carriage out from the right first before you unplug the power. Open the cartridge access door and wait for the carriage to move. Then unplug the power, and you should be able to move the carriage.

On that note - I am having the same problem as the original poster. While this fix seemed to have fixed the issue with the error message, I still cannot print an alignment page. I cannot access any of the touch screen's functions. I am sure the printer will continue to have issues until this is resolved. Any other ways to fix this issue?

HP Recommended

JDKatsion.......

I've got same problem with Envy 5530 printer......carriage won't move and can't get at black ink cartridge.  Did you ever solve your problem??  Help.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

I have the C4EBA23D error.  I've tried everything suggested including what was on the url.  The cartridge will not move and I can't get to the black one.  Nothing has been stuck in the printer and I double checked with a flashlight.  Nothing!  I have had nothing but trouble with this printer since day one.  Again, all the unplugging and trying to move the cartridge, etc does NOT work.  This is my second HP printer and I never had problems with the first one, but this one has been one thing or the other ever since I bought it.  It's about to go in the garbage.

HP Recommended

Hello, 

Let me know if you have tried the below mentioned steps..

1. While the printer is ON, open the cartridge access door. Let the carriage move from right . Unplug the power cord from back of the printer.
  2. Shut down the computer.
  3. Power off the wireless router.
  4. Remove the ink cartridges.
  5. Wait for 30 seconds.
  6. Plug in the power cord to the printer. If it does not Power On automatically then press the ON button to do so.
  7. If the error exists go to step #  10 .
  8. Power on the Wireless router, wait for 30 seconds and check if the error shows up on the printer.
  9. If error shows up, contact your Internet Service Provider and check for Firmware update for router, set channel = 11
  10. If error still exists, contact HP for further assistance. I guess the printer need to be serviced. If you are in USA , call 1-800-474-6836
Regards,
Jabzi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.