09-02-2010 09:31 AM
Bought the 4500. Installed the software on my two kids laptops. Wireless works great on both of their computers. Loaded the exact same thing on my laptop...it will not connect. It goes all the way through the wizard, recognizes the printer and the wireless network, but says I should check firewall. Checked firewall, it says it is letting all HP software through. Help.
02-27-2012 08:29 AM
After seeing several people with the same problem with the HP Officejet 4500 dropping the wireless connection and HP tech support offering no successful assistance, I returned the printer and bought a Canon Pixma MP495 and was connected wirelessly and printing in under 15 minutes.
09-15-2013 09:58 PM
Use a USB cord to connect my wireless to my laptop. Has been working fine. Took my laptop on vacation with me and now the printer won't work.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)