Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 4630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hp officejet 4630 print stays in queue after printing. After successful printing the document stays in the Q. The only way to get rid of it is to delete and that takes forever

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @clemmoe,

Thank you for posting on HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you are having printing issues on your HP OfficeJet 4630. Don't worry, though, as I have a few steps which should help to resolve the issue.

Please make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

Remove all the ink cartridges and then try to perform a Hard reset on the printer.

* With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

* Remove USB cable, if present.

* Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

* Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

* Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

* Now insert the ink cartridges and then try to print a test document and check if it works.

If you’re running Windows, I would start by checking the installed printer software by downloading and running the HP Print and Scan Doctor. This tool can diagnose and fix many printing and printer software related issues. Please use this link to help you with that information: http://hp.care/2biN2XE

Please follow the steps suggested in the guided troubleshooter - Click here

For more details, please follow all the steps suggested in the support document  for - HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows) - Click here

Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @clemmoe,

Thank you for posting on HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you are having printing issues on your HP OfficeJet 4630. Don't worry, though, as I have a few steps which should help to resolve the issue.

Please make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

Remove all the ink cartridges and then try to perform a Hard reset on the printer.

* With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

* Remove USB cable, if present.

* Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

* Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

* Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

* Now insert the ink cartridges and then try to print a test document and check if it works.

If you’re running Windows, I would start by checking the installed printer software by downloading and running the HP Print and Scan Doctor. This tool can diagnose and fix many printing and printer software related issues. Please use this link to help you with that information: http://hp.care/2biN2XE

Please follow the steps suggested in the guided troubleshooter - Click here

For more details, please follow all the steps suggested in the support document  for - HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows) - Click here

Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried this first. Remove all the ink cartridges and then try to perform a Hard reset on the printer and folowed the remainder of the steps. The problem now is everytime I try to print I receive on the priter led screen " Pull out paper tray, load paper, adjust widths, etc. Now I dont know whether the solution is working or not. This is a totally new message that I have not received before

HP Recommended

I did resolve this message " Pull out paper tray, load paper, adjust widths, etc. The original problem appears to be resolved. Will keep you posted if this happens again. Thank you

HP Recommended

Hey@clemmoe,

Thanks for the response.

Take your time. Will eagerly wait for your response for further assistance.

Hope this helps. Please share for more assistance.

Resolv_S

I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thank you for helping..

Performed the "Hard reset" on the printer and it is working

HP Recommended

I had the same problem as original poster and followed these instructions. The problem is resolved and I believe that the issue was likely that I had to set the printer (on my laptop) as a shared device on my network to allow for the 2-way communication that would let the printer tell my laptop that it was finished printing. I did this when reintalling the printer and drivers. All good!!

HP Recommended

Was struggling with the printer job in queue issue for a long time. I think a combination of the new 5.1 diagnostics tool, sharing the device via a re-install of the printer driver as well as the above hard reset did the trick! Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.