04-02-2013 02:34 PM
I just bought a HP Officejet 6600, I ran the software for mac 10.8 and that all worked well but when I tried to add the computer to my list of printers in the system preferences it said that the software from the software update was not available.
04-03-2013 10:50 AM
Before you add the printer, run a Software Update (Apple menu > Software Update).
If that does not work, download and install this: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL907
Restart your Mac.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)