Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

i also have the same problem in a HP Officejet 6700 Premium with non-removable printhead. It is used regularly, and have always used original cartridges. Have tried resetting, plugging in and out, etc. This is out of warranty. What can I do? Just throw it to the trash? 

No problem!

No mo' HP!

HP Recommended

Received a replacement printer from HP (assume it was refurbished). Within several months the same issues arose, very bad print quality, missing colours, streaks, etc all probably due to clogged printheads. I have given up. The ink cartridges are expensive and are a real waste of money when the machine fails. I need a reliable printer and the HP Officejet 6700 is a DUD.  I have had to buy another printer (not HP) and I will try to get a refund from HP.....

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem and it appears to be endemic in this machine. There is no print head release and the solution is to send the machine back to HP.  I have had good luck with HP products in the past but this is quite irritating to have a problem after a short period of service with no quick solution.  I believed in HP and have two other identical machines but am now leary of relibility of these "throw away" products.  I probably will look for a different vendor who has a machine that is more serviceable.

HP Recommended

Looking for information as to how I can remove a printhead in a 6700 all-in-one printer. Error comes up"missing or failed printhead".

HP Recommended
Sorry, but unless you're an experienced hp printer tech, there is no replacing the print head on this machine. Not to mention, that there is no retail source for a replacement part... I've moved on to another manufacturer
HP Recommended

Same here. The shop renewed their contract with HP and now when they mess up they are rotated back as waste.

HP Recommended
My printer was printing then all of a sudden it comes up with an error message "The print head installed is not intended for use in this printer (all in one 6700 premium) or damaged". What the Heck!!! I need help. I watched the animation shows the removal of part but mine is not removable . Can you help me my printer which I love is not that old maybe 2yrs. I had my Dell which I also loved that lasted 7 yrs. Pat Rakauskas
HP Recommended

I saw info on replacing the 6700 printhead on YouTube, posted by inkproducts.com.

Good Luck.  I'm looking at the same issue.

HP Recommended
I have seen at least 3 or 4 dozen 6600 and 6700 officejets do this not to mention dozens more of the 8600 line do the same thing. Problem is the 6600 or 6700 have no removable printhead. Hp doesnt offer a solution because there isnt one. The printer is done. If you are lucky its in warranty of you have an extended. You cant fix this issue and if you do it will happen again very soon. Buy a new one. Good luck dumping hp because all ink jet printers are lousy these days. Hp is only building them to last 1 year.
HP Recommended

How do I access to clean print head on Officejet 6700 ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.