Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I've had the same problem with Stamps.com with a previous HP printer (7600) and solved it by going to the Stamps.com help desk.  They'll prescribe a different driver and walk you through the download over the phone.

I am having the same problem with a new HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus and will take the same tack.

Stamps.com  Customer Support Team at 1-888-434-0055 (open Monday through Friday, 6:00am to 6:00pm PST).

Good luck.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion. The link supplied is a dead end, just get a message that says HP was unable to find the page. I did save the file as a Word 2007 file, and was able to eventually print the envelopes...but only one at a time. It took four clicks per envelope to print. Unfortunately, when I finished all the settings on my printer pointed to #10 envelope so everything I attempted to print from any application wanted to print in envelope size. Have since fixed that.

I am not familiar with how to do mail merge in applications other than Word, so will have to figure that out to determine if Word is the culprit...although the above might suggest it is the version of Word that is the problem..

Of particular note is that my printer is not direct connected to my PC, it is a networked printer...so will try an ethernet connection to see if that makes a difference.

HP Recommended

After talking to Best Buy and HP, I fixed my problem myself (they didn’t have a clue).  I had set my default to print double sided.  Guess what?  That is incompatible with printing envelopes.  Once I switched back to a default of single sided, it worked fine.  One would think that this would be information readily available to HP’s technical (I use that term very loosely) support people.  The best the first level guy could do is try removing power for 30 sec.  When that didn’t work, he said that a higher level person would call me back (didn’t  happen yet).  I am really disappointed; I have spent most of my life in electronics and HP used to have the reputation as a very technically competent company.  Hope this helps someone else.

HP Recommended

Was eventually able to resolve this issue by saving my Word document as a  Word 2003 document, then proceeding to print using the configuration and settings I tried when it was set as a Word 2010 document.

HP Recommended

I'm trying to use a Mac Ap called Easy Envelopes, and it won't center either.  I believe an HP problem, as it took some tinkering in Word to make it work also.  So, I remain disappointed in the printer as far as envelopes go. 

HP Recommended

Problem persists still today ... 2/12/2013.  Signed up for stamps.com service this last week, cannot print envelopes on my HP OfficeJet Pro 8600.  Postage is truncated on far right of #10 envelope.  I've tried all the suggestions in this thread, have configured a couple of alternate printers with stamps.com tech support, nothing fixes it. Uninstalled/reinstalled software, executed "clean" and "key" cleanup software from stamps.com to ensure a clean install.  Zip.  😞

They have escalated to development team ... I think that means I won't get a solution from them anytime soon (I don't have a good track record with getting quick response on problems where there is not a known solution). 

HP Recommended

For what it's worth, the support desk at stamps.com did solve the problem for me a few weeks ago for the HP officejet 8600 plus.  I can't recall which alternative driver they provided, but it worked the first time.  My sense was that the support representative understood the issue and knew where to find the answer immediately.  That's not always my experience, so I was relieved.  I hope that provides some hope, and not more frustration.  All the best....

HP Recommended

Thanks so much for the reply. As it turns out, I resolved the problem by saving my Word and Excel documents as MS Office 2003 documents before doing the mail merge. Printing the envelopes was no longer a problem, so must be some compatibility issues betwee the 8600 and Office 2010. Thanks again.

HP Recommended

HP OfficeJet 8600 with two paper trays. Envelopes in the upper tray, letter paper in the lower. Using Windows 7.

1.  Open Printers and Devices. Right click on the 8600 icon. Choose Printer Properties. Choose the Device Settings Tab. Under  Form to Tray Assignment, choose Envelope #10 for Tray 1 and Letter for Tray 2. (You will notice that you cannot choose envelopes for Tray 2. Go figure.) Click OK.

2. In Word 2010, click File, Options, Advanced, scroll down to Print, and choose Tray 2 as the default tray. Click OK. Now try to print a letter-sized document. It will try to print on the envelope, you will get a Size Mismatch error, and printing will abort. In other words, the software, the printer, something forgot that the default tray is 2.

3. Alternatively, you can set the Printer Properties in the Print Dialog to Paper Souce=Tray 2. This will last as long as you have Word open. Close it, and Word forgets.

3. In Adobe Acrobat XI, you can set the Properties (just to the right of the Printer Name). Once again set Paper Source= Tray 2. It will last just as long as Acrobat is open.

4. In Firefox, the print settings of Paper Source=Tray 2 will last just one print job. Go to another website and you have have to start over.

OK, the complaints in this thread go back at least 10 months. Why has HP not fixed this?

HELLO, HP. Why don't YOU fix this?

HP Recommended

Had the same issue until I turned off double sided printing as my default then I was able to print envelops from MS Word.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.