Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

On a 8600 printer you have to turn off the print both sides to be able to print #10 envelopes normally. Sad day that HP will not fix this problem.

HP Recommended

Finally got mine to work!!  All i did was used regular paper during the configuration when it said to insert the envelope (#10), I put 2 was the lowest number seen then it spit out the sample on my regular paper and said i was all configured. I can now put in my envelopes and it works just fine.

HP Recommended

Have had this printer for two years, never an issue printing envelopes until today. Software is MS word Windows 8.1 what is going on?

HP Recommended

THANK YOU.  This was exactly the problem I was having and it had been plaguing me for years!  So crazy.  Such a simple setting change and I can finally print envelopes. 

HP Recommended
Oh, it's a WORD problem, alright. I have a networked W7 machine running Word 2013 and a networked WXP machine running Word 2003 -- guess which one won't print envelopes on the HP8600 networked printer? You got it! Microsoft, a company with some 70,000 to 90,000 employees worldwide, just can't seem to find one that is competent to fix the problem. So, I print my envelopes from the XP machine. Thanks, Microsoft.
HP Recommended

@royceinco wrote:

After talking to Best Buy and HP, I fixed my problem myself (they didn’t have a clue).  I had set my default to print double sided.  Guess what?  That is incompatible with printing envelopes.  Once I switched back to a default of single sided, it worked fine.  One would think that this would be information readily available to HP’s technical (I use that term very loosely) support people.  The best the first level guy could do is try removing power for 30 sec.  When that didn’t work, he said that a higher level person would call me back (didn’t  happen yet).  I am really disappointed; I have spent most of my life in electronics and HP used to have the reputation as a very technically competent company.  Hope this helps someone else.

This solution from royceinco was right on with respect to my HP 8610. After searching unsuccessfully for clues to why my envelopes wouldn't print at all in Word 2007,  I switched from two-sided to one-sided printing and...voilà, the addresses printed out correctly! :OpenSmile:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.