Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I've lost my password for the 8610 and need instructions on how to run the required reset. Thanks.

HP Recommended

I need these instructions, too. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi X-23,

I'm not sure why the instructions you sent me have to be in a "private message" since a lot of folks seem to have this same issue, but since they did not work, it really doesn't matter.

I did resolve the issue but not with your instructions.  We tried those, twice, and the admin password stayed in, and we still didn't have a clue about what it was.

The fix was this:  use the display ON THE PRINTER, Select Setup, then Tools, then Restore Factory Defaults. "Restore Factory Defaults" is the last item on the list -- had to scroll down to see it. Then I turned printer off, then on.  Once that was done I could access the printer web page and FINALLY change the admin password to a new one. 

This was all done to re-enable scanning to a network folder which had worked fine until about 3 weeks ago when it spontaneously started asking for a username/password.  I was able to edit the network scan folder with a new username/password and a PIN as well, for easy use.  Note - the network scan folder wouldn't set up without a username and password, even when I tried creating a new network scan folder, but that's OK since we now know the password.

HP Recommended

Can you send me info on how to reset this to factory defaults as well.  I've also forgotten the password.

The Private Message with instructions.  Thx

HP Recommended

Hi There,

I even need the instrcutions to reset my OfficeJet Pro L7680

kind regards, Nils

HP Recommended

I have an office jet 8610 pro and don't have the admin password anymore how can i fix this?

HP Recommended

Hi. I did not forget my password but the printer no longer recognizes it. Also the wireless feature no longer works.

HP Recommended

Can you send me the info on how to reset the printer OJ 8600 Pro, to factory defaults as well.  I've also forgotten the User ID and the Password.

Thank you.

Nabil

HP Recommended

When I try to scan something to a network folder an error message appears saying  'User name or password is incorrect. Make sure the file credentials are correct in the configuration,' even though I never usually have to enter a password/username to use this function (and  I don't know what the password is anyway).

Please advise if a Semi-Full Programming Reset would fix this issue?

Thanks 

HP Recommended
Can you please send me the reset information as I have forgotten the password and login for my 8620 and need to get it back on my Wifii
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.