08-29-2013 02:40 PM
Hello, I have a HP Officejet Pro 8500 Premium printer. The cyan ink is not printing. I replaced all ink cartridges with orginal hp 940 series cartridges. I went to the embedded troubleshooting and diagnostic software and ran it. Resulted in everything reports okay. However, cyan still does not print. I performed the align printheads, cleaned the printheads up to and through level three and calibrated the linefeed. Everything looks good except fo the missing cyan. What do I do at this point?
08-30-2013 05:53 PM
If the issue is that the printer is not printing a particular color and you have done all the troubleshooting for the issue, then the next step is going to be looking in to replacing the particular printhead for that color. As you are having an issue with the Cyan, then this would be the Cyan/Magenta printhead in the unit. If you are unsure if you have done all the steps, then I would take a look at the document linked below.
If the printhead appears to be the issue, then I would advise taking a look at Solution six: Replace one or both printheads in the document linked above.
Hope this helps,
I am not an HP employee.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)