Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I'm still finding my printer powered off.  It's going into sleep mode, then powering off after a day of inactivity.  How do I fix this???  

HP Recommended
@Goshen54 What printer are you using? Have you tried the things mentioned in this post?
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Pro 8600.  I changed to IP address and it's been working for 24 hours now.  Why do we have to do that?  It should stay connected just like me old 2710.

HP Recommended
If every time it was going off it was loosing it's IP, that typically means the DHCP server in your router is going out. It should be able to align with the printer to maintain it's IP automatically. If it's not, it's going out. You may want to look at replacing your router before other devices start having problems.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

None of my other devices have this problem.  My old Photosmart 2710 never had an IP problem either.  Seems to be good now that I assigned it and address of ***.***.*.111 for the IP.  HOpefully its stays on now.  Still working as of the fix three days ago.  Maybe the instructions whoudl indicate this for future reference. 

Thx for responding!

HP Recommended
Can u help me plzz !!!
I was just waiting for my printer to get ready for printing suddenly it had switched off and when i tried turning on it wont turn on what ever the matter be, i tried by using new different power cable and power socket i failed 😞
i would appreciate for ur co operation
Thanks !!!
HP Recommended

my hp8600 doesn't awake from sleep mode. I have to unplug and plug in to get in to work.

HP Recommended

How do you change the sleep setting on the 8600?  Mine only allows for 5, 10, or 15 min delay.

Can you turn it off?

HP Recommended

my hp officejet pro 8600 will not wake from sleep. How can  I resolve this issue?

HP Recommended

Any help here.

Looks like my HP printer is heaed back to Costco!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.