Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

My trusty and reliable hp psc 2175 all-in-one won't print color correctly.  It seems to be accessing neither the cyan or yellow information and only prints in black (which is light) or magenta.  I've changed both cartridges, and that didn't help.  It keeps asking me to align the cartridges (which I've done several times to no avail).  Any ideas as to what's going on and how to correct the problem?  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi myrl,

I understand you are having some issues getting the blue to print with your Photosmart 5520 printer. I'm sorry to hear this has been an issue but I will definitely do my best to help!

This document has a variety of steps to help get all of the colors printing for you again. I understand the title doesn't match exactly what you're experiencing but this is the best document for you to follow.

Hope this helps, have a great day!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Don't feel like the lone ranger, my HP 2175 started doing the same thing when I replaced the HP 57 cartridge with another HP 57 Cartridge, up until then it had been fine.  I am very interested to see if you get an answer.  I even tried cleaning out the accumulated ink etc.  No effect. 

HP Recommended

I too am experiencing some bad behavior from my psc 2175. After changing to a new color cartridge, I am unable to print magenta. I only have one cartridge to test with and I was debating whether it would be better to buy another color cartridge or buy an all new printer since I am unsure whether it is a cartridge or a printer issue. Anyone else have a similar problem?

HP Recommended

Hello,

Sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing. I looked through HP's support knowledge base and found the following troubleshooting steps, see below. I don't know if this will resolve your issue or not, but I didn't see anyone mention trying it. Please let me know how it goes.

The product can perform an print cartridge cleaning procedure even after the alignment message has displayed. Follow these steps to perform an print cartridge cleaning procedure at the front panel:
  1. On the front panel, press the Menu or Setup button (depending on the model).
  2. Press the right arrow button (>) until Maintenance or Tools is displayed, and then press the OK or Enter button (depending on the model).
  3. The Clean Print Cartridges message should display on the front panel. Press Enter or OK to begin the cartridge cleaning process.
A page will be printed during the cleaning process with all of the colors on it. If any of the colors (including black) are missing, faded, or streaked on the alignment page, there is a ink cartridge problem.
Miles
HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi folks

Just to add to Miles' comment there.....if you run the 'clean print cartridges' and it doesn't solve the issue - and the cartridge isn't empty - then you could be entitled to a replacement cartridge under warranty. You will need to contact phone support and provide the warranty ends date.

Hope this helps

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

my HP 5520 does not print Blue on the PRINT QUAILTY test. My prints are terrible..Myrl

HP Recommended

Hi myrl,

I understand you are having some issues getting the blue to print with your Photosmart 5520 printer. I'm sorry to hear this has been an issue but I will definitely do my best to help!

This document has a variety of steps to help get all of the colors printing for you again. I understand the title doesn't match exactly what you're experiencing but this is the best document for you to follow.

Hope this helps, have a great day!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thank You  TeriLynn ::

Finally I think I found problem.. after following all the steps, I discovered the vent hole on top of cartridge was closed with factory packaging.. I removed and pried hole for vent.. After several test tries and several printhead cleanings  WaLa, there was blue ink................  Thank You very much..who would of thunk.........

Thanks

MYRL

HP Recommended

Hi myrl,

That's great news! Glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue. Please do come back if I can ever help with something else 🙂

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Windows 10 has caused the print jobs in black to print in Green.  You have to change the settings on each print job to choose only black. Go to Properties: Select the Color tab and  Print in Grayscale as well as Black Ink Cartridge only.

Windows 10 has caused the color print jobs to print only in Yellow. Ran the Clean the cartridges menu and only printed out in Yellow. Therefore  printing out greeting cards has become obsolete.

Putting 2+2 together. HP wants us to buy new printers that magically work with Windows 10.   Guess Again....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.