Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

The 'i' light is orange and printout says "This printer is not connected to the Internet"

However, everything is printing fine and Web Services under EWS says the printer IS connected to the Internet.  So why      the orange light and misleading printout?

Thanks, Daibach70 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello, @Daibach70 – Hope you are well 🙂

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! I read your post about the printer issue and I am happy to look into this issue for you!

Going through your post, it looks like an issue with the printer wireless radio. Let’s try the steps below to try and fix the issue:

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Remove USB cable, if present.
  • Turn off the router.
  • Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
  • Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
  • Turn the router on and wait till the printer connects back to the network and check for issue resolution.

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi DVortex,

Sorry for the delay in replying .. have been away for a couple of days.  I tried the steps you suggested faithfully but the issue is still unresolved I'm afraid.  I can print with no issues .. it's just that there seems to be a conflict with what EWS is saying (i.e. printer is connected to Internet .. which it obviously is because the printer and printer webpage are clearly in communication to be able to give the EWS report) and a local 'Printer Information Page' which states "This printer is not connected to the Internet".  The orange 'i' light goes out after a while but comes back on when the 'i' button is pressed to get the Printer Information Page with that statement.

I'm pretty new to using the HP 3630 so only just getting used to things .. it's probably something I've not understood.

Thanks for trying to help.

Daibach70.

HP Recommended

Hello, @Daibach70

Appreciate your efforts 🙂

It looks like a false message and probably an issue with the printer firmware. Hence, try updating the printer firmware. Go to http://hp.care/2oGKd9y and expand "Firmware" to download and update the printer firmware.

If the issue persists, also try assigning a static IP and check:

•    Obtain the IP address of the printer – On the printer's control panel, press the Wireless button  and the Information button  at the same time to get the network test page and the IP address.
•    Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
•    Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.
•    Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
•    Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
•    Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)

Let me know if that helps!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thanks .. will try and get back to you in a couple of days!

Daibach70

HP Recommended

Hello, @Daibach70

Please do try the steps and let me know the result.

If the steps provided does solve the issue, please let me know by marking this post as a solution. Even if you face any issue, let me know and I'll do my best to assist you!

Thanks, I will watch for your reply!

Cheers 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.