Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp 4515 ink advantage
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

hi there guys , please help me how to solve my problem on my HP 4515 printer ink advantage, i brought it in saudi arabia and i bring it to philippines .. im using HP 650 middle east ink cartridge, when i was in saudi arabia i only use my printer twice and its working good, after i bring it to the philippines when i try to open it again it shows cartridge not compatible even im still using the same hp 650 cartridge. i follow all the steps that provided on hp   site,  but still not working .. please guys  help me to fix .. it will be appreciated if someone will help me to fix this problem  thanks thanks alot..

one more question,  how about if i change  HP 678 cartridge on my hp 4515  is it possbible to work and print? coz what ive know  678 its  for asia cartridge.. please advice me thanks..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Follow Solutions two up to Seven below to inspect the problem cartridge and resove it if possible:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Deskjet-Ink-Advantage-4510-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/528599...

If the issue is not resolve you will need to replace both of the ink cartridges and contact HP to reset the printer to accept the local ink cartridges.

You will need a full set of Black and Tri-Color Genuine HP 678 Ink Cartridges, hae the printer connected to your PC and then contact HP Support:

https://support.hp.com/ph-en/contact-hp/product/HP-Deskjet-Ink-Advantage-4510-e-All-in-One-Printer-s...

A suppport rep\resentative will guide you with the steps to set the printer to accept the local ink cartridges from now on.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Follow Solutions two up to Seven below to inspect the problem cartridge and resove it if possible:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Deskjet-Ink-Advantage-4510-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/528599...

If the issue is not resolve you will need to replace both of the ink cartridges and contact HP to reset the printer to accept the local ink cartridges.

You will need a full set of Black and Tri-Color Genuine HP 678 Ink Cartridges, hae the printer connected to your PC and then contact HP Support:

https://support.hp.com/ph-en/contact-hp/product/HP-Deskjet-Ink-Advantage-4510-e-All-in-One-Printer-s...

A suppport rep\resentative will guide you with the steps to set the printer to accept the local ink cartridges from now on.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

sir the link that you posted i already try all of that before and yet still not working...

sir my default cartridge is HP650  i bought this printer in saudi  arabia,

you mean if i use 678 cartridge it will work on even my this printer is compatible only for 650 cartridge ..

i have also 1 genuine HP cartridge 678 but black only i tried to insert it and it shows cartridge not compatible... thanks alot

HP Recommended

Hi,

Once you have a Tri-Color 678 cartridge as well, follow the link in my previous post to create a support case with HP.

Once contacting HP and setting your printer for your current location, the printer will use the 678 ink cartridges instead the originally used 650 ink cartridge.

Regards.

Shlomi

HP Recommended
Ah ok sir thanks a lot I will purchase hp tri color ..
So I will insert both black and and tri color 678 and I willthe support team of hp and you mean they are the one will configure the software nor we will do that my point is is it possible also that us can set the software of the printer or must the software team of hp will do that via wan connection direct through our hp4515 printer ip address? They can reconfigure and it? Thanks and appreciated ..
HP Recommended
Oh sorry sir maybe you dont understand my first paragraph I mean there to contact the hp support team .. sorry and thanks
HP Recommended
Hi I try to call your online service in philippines but no answer me .. is it possible that im the one will configure on how to change the cartridge from hp650 to 678 localization number ..
Please help us we need the printer urgently as soon as it work. Can you please send us the steps on hpw to work it .. I have a knowledge on computer maybe I can fix,this one if you send me some steps fixing this printer .. thanks and appreciated
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.