Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
inkjet 3632
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

I have a brand new HP 3632 using HP expensive ink (HP-63)  and HP CR670A 5 star glossy paper.  Only the black ink rubs off.

This only happens with the glossy paper, matt paper does not rub off.      I'm not sure what good this forum is if HP

has no input to the solutions.    HP tech support used to be excellent......no more!   Seems that when you can actually 

speak to a human voice all they do is give you ideas off a screen and really have no idea what is really wrong.   It may be time to switch to a different brand of printer.   

rcom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The pigmented black ink is not compatible with glossy photo media.  Make sure you are selecting the proper paper type in your driver.  Selecting glossy photo paper in the driver will cause the printer to use only the dye based color inks to render the page, including the black areas.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The pigmented black ink is not compatible with glossy photo media.  Make sure you are selecting the proper paper type in your driver.  Selecting glossy photo paper in the driver will cause the printer to use only the dye based color inks to render the page, including the black areas.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

GREAT answer to black ink rubing off!!!!!    Thanks so much!   It solved the problem instantly!!!    I spent an hour on

the telephone with HP  (India)  and they couldn't fix the problem, they never said that the paper type had to

be selected!!!!!!     You guys are good!  

rcom

HP Recommended

Glad your issue was resolved.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.