Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp 2510 desk jet printer

i have had this printer for couple of years. always been fine. but black ink when printing text is blurry. i did test page it also is blurry black print. i thought i would try aligning cartridges but not sure how...  😞 thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The cartridges for  your Deskjet 2510 can be aligned as shown in solution six, step four (if you have Windows) in the document here.  I would also suggest cleaning the printheads as shown in step five.

If this does not resolve the blurry printing I would suggest going throug all the steps in the document in order.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

i went through all steps due to the print pages were all blurry.  after cleaning everything at the end of the steps i still have blurry pages.... i need a printer that works properly so i am leaning toward getting rid of this one and getting a new one.  😞 😞 😞

HP Recommended

Did you replace the black cartridge as suggested in Solution 7? Your printer has the ink and printhead all contained in the cartridge, replacing the cartridge will replace the ink, ink delivery system and printhead.  This is likely to be much less expensive than replacing the printer.

Also, are you using HP cartridges?  There really is a difference in quality.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.