Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have seen those Youtube video before. I wish there was a Youtube video looking at the same viewing angle  with a HP 55 series that does not have the problem. Then you would be able to see if the Print head moves away from the right hand side by a small amount which would then confirm the problem.

The Transparent band is pretty much fixed and I don't think moving it would help.  I feel sure it is a firmware probem or something relating to firmware

band.jpg

HP Recommended

Is there anyone from HP who actually reads the HP forum who can answer the simple question about the activity of the print head in the previous posts...  Thanks..

HP Recommended

Can some kind person who has any  photosmart 5510/20, etc  series have a look to see what the print head does during the cleaning cycle. I feel sure there must be someone who repairs printers to make a quick video with the top cover removed and the Door open sensor blocked off to show the movement of the print head..  Thanks in advance  

HP Recommended

Anyone found a solution for this problem yet????

HP Recommended

No for me. I'm wondering why HP does not care. Do they even read this? 

HP Recommended

The problem is the people who are referenced to HP are not techical . 

They are just students reading from a help script..  

You can tell this as most of their recommended replys are -- Unplug from the Power. Do not use surge adaptor.  Restart.   Click my Cudos...  

There are useless when users of the forum spend a lot of time to get to the actual problem with as  much information as possible yet they do not understand what the question is......

The only people you can solve this are personal users.

I have dismantled a faulty 5510 to work out how it all works, ( as you can see from the pictures I have posted )  in order to get the 5520 working...  NOT ONE HP person hs even bothered to make a comment... No doubt we will solve this together...

HP Recommended

I am trying to access the document that is recommended but when I click on it, it just takes me to the home page?

Can I get another link to it please?

HP Recommended

There is no document to FIX particular this problem.... 

HP Recommended

So they say there is a document but there isn't.  Okay, thanks!

HP Recommended

Has anyone managed to solve this ongoing problem for hunfdreds of users?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.