Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
photosmart7520
macOS 10.12 Sierra

cannot get wireless connect on mac. 

it doesnt see printer.

reinstalled after uninstalling printer update.

when i go to select printer i doesnt see it at all and ican only add ip address

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The printer only support a 2.4GHz band, therefore it won't see the 5GHz network.

Have you used the same router from beginning? or may you recall if the problem may started once replacing your router with the hitron one? just a thought..

It may help knowing the exact router model to better understand its capabilities.

May you see any difference by switching a mobile device to the 2.4GHz band? to deny any possible Dual Band glitch..

May you see any different by printing by IP from your iOS device as a workaround? that can be done using the HP ePrint app:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01923321

Once selecting the printer, click the plus sign and type its IP address if it is not listed.

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try rebooting yoru router by unplugging its power for a moment, allow it up to 3 minutes to start.

Next reboot both the printer and then Mac and try adding the printer again.

May you see any difference?

If the issue persists, can you see the blue wireless light solid lit, blink or off?

Try following HP Easy Start below:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-easy-scan-1_...

Can it see the printer?

Regards,
Shlomi

HP Recommended

I have already tried these, I have uninstalled hp software, reinstalled updated new software, rebooted all devices, all software has been  updated.restarted etc. When I add the printer it will not find it, but the printer has connected to wifi and the print report says all is good, but still the computer doesn't see it.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Click the Wireless button on the printer and locate its IP address.

Can you access this IP from Safari from your Mac?

If yes, it is probably due to lack of Bonjour support by your router, Apple devices uses Bonjour and require your network to support multicasting.

What is your router brand and model?

While adding the printer, try clicking the IP tab and select the HP Jetdirect Socket instead, set the Address as the IP of the printer and press Add.

Can you print using the jetdirect queue?

HP Recommended

i can print if i manually enter the ip adress. now i must say that this printer was working fine since i got it a few years ago, then suddenly started to act up. i have upgraded the os, hoping it would solve the problem but has not. 

in saying this, the airprint feature only works on my desktop, and not on any mobile devises i have.

the desktop does not see the printer, but will print through ip address.

i have a hitron 2.4- 5g router,which my desktop uses the 5G network, but my printer doesnt see the 5G network, it only sees the 2.4 network

thank you for at least getting my desktop to print. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

The printer only support a 2.4GHz band, therefore it won't see the 5GHz network.

Have you used the same router from beginning? or may you recall if the problem may started once replacing your router with the hitron one? just a thought..

It may help knowing the exact router model to better understand its capabilities.

May you see any difference by switching a mobile device to the 2.4GHz band? to deny any possible Dual Band glitch..

May you see any different by printing by IP from your iOS device as a workaround? that can be done using the HP ePrint app:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01923321

Once selecting the printer, click the plus sign and type its IP address if it is not listed.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help I have it working through the IP address, and I will have to find out what is going on at a later time 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.