Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

my hp envy 4500 status is offline how do i change to online

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks,I got it going.H.P. DOCTOR found my CODE. I never put one in so BEATS ME how they got one in the DAMMMMM thing in thr first place. (lol) MARCY

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended
If your computer OS is Windows XP or Vista go to Printers & Faxes
Right click on the Printer Icon (Envy 4500)
Select Printer Online
If the OS is Win 7 or Win 8 go to Device and Printers
Right click on Printer icon (Envy 4500)
Click on See What's Printing
In the new window click on Printer menu
If Use Printer Offline is check un-check it by clicking on it
HP Recommended

Hi rrivashp

Just wondering if vthapa's suggestion solved your issue?

Thanks

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

mY ENVY 4500 SAYS IT IS OFF LINE ALSO AND THE USE PRINTER OFFLINE IS NOT CHECKED ANY IDEA OF HOW TO GET IT BACK ONLINE

HP Recommended
Please download Psdr from the link below
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-126353-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

Run the tool and it will tell you where the issue is and need to work accordingly..
HP Recommended

I cannot get my printer to be "online"  when I select properties the Print Offline is not selected.  I have Windows 8 and HP Printer Envy

HP Recommended

How to make it stay instead turning off every few min,s

HP Recommended

Did U get it going  ?? I cant make mine stay on----HELP PLEASE

HP Recommended

I uninstalled the printer and just reinstalled it fixed my problem. After that the printer did a update since then I had no problems.

HP Recommended

Thanks,I got it going.H.P. DOCTOR found my CODE. I never put one in so BEATS ME how they got one in the DAMMMMM thing in thr first place. (lol) MARCY

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.