10-02-2012 04:53 PM
I am sorry that you are having that issue with the printer. Here is a document that addresses defective output in your model of printer. It will offer troubleshooting steps to try and fix this issue with the printer by giving step by step instructions.
07-09-2013 07:18 AM
Hi, just wondering if the steps suggested by Shirlz solved your issue with Black not printing?
03-16-2014 08:30 AM
This is the 2nd time this happened only now it won't fix. The 1st time someone at HP graciously walked me thru the steps without charging a fee. I have done so many printhead cleanings I'm running out of my other colors. I have unplugged, updated, checked the seating, cleaning the contact points gently with a coffee filter, & even ponied up the money to replace a brand new cartridge just in case that one was defective. Every color but black.
Thoughts, ideas, suggestions? If I have to pay to repair I may as well go buy one without all the bells & whistles but will at least maybe work
06-05-2014 10:01 AM - edited 09-08-2014 05:29 AM
As this is a 4620 I'd advise calling HP Phone Support (regardless if it's out of warranty), as you may require a replacement.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)