Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

model of printer officejet 4500 all in one printer, Operating on windows XP

The printer changed it's own font.  I cannot find anything to change it back.  It is incredibly small and hard to read.  I have tried to restore defaults that did not work. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ok when you open firefox go to File > Page Setup > Scale.

Change the scale size and see if that makes a difference when you print. 

If I helped you at all it would be great if you clicked the blue kudos star!

If I solved your post please mark it as solved to help others.

I'm a printer tech with HP.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

HI kcaebone,

In order to change the font you may want to make the change in the application you are printing from. For example if you are printing a Microsoft Word Document you would change the font in word. Here is a link to an article that shows you how to change font in Word 2000.

Also try going into your printer properties (start> control panel> printers and other hardware>select that printer>PROPERTIES) and check each tab (if there are more than one) looking specifically to see if there is a check mark or the 'radio button' is selected on an option that says something like 'fit to one page', or 'fit to page', etc. 

An even quicker 'fix' would be to see if you have an option in the properties to reset all settings to default-- which would return any changes made to where they were when you first used the printer.

Hope this is helpful.

HP Recommended

I tried resetting printer defaults and it does nothing.  I also could not find any tabs for fit to page printing.  I am still at a loss.  It will print normally in Word and wordpad, but not from the internet or yahoo e-mail.

HP Recommended

HI kcabone,

What web browser are you using ?

HP Recommended

Mozilla Browser

HP Recommended

OK , what about if you print from Internet Explorer or another browser ? 
Does it still look small or normal ?

HP Recommended

Thank you for your comment, I printed in internet explorer and it was normal.  So how do I get it to change to normal in Mozilla firefox?

HP Recommended

HI kcaebone,

Go to this link and follow the steps. This will show you how to zoom out and reset the view in firefox so you can get it back to normal again. Make sure to post back and let me know how it goes.

HP Recommended

good information but it only changed the text on the screen, not when printed.  How do I change the text when I print to normal font.

HP Recommended

Ok when you open firefox go to File > Page Setup > Scale.

Change the scale size and see if that makes a difference when you print. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.