Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Attempted to print report and no choices were presented to choose 2 side printing.  Pls advise what needs to be reinstalled to correct.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Please read this post then provide some details.  What operating system?  What driver settings for color and media type?  Duplex printing is not available if photo or transparency media are selected, and may not be an option if Print in Grayscale, Black Ink Only is selected.

In recent versions of Windows you could go to the Devices and Printers folder, right click on the Officejet Pro 8720, select Printer Properties, Device Settings, Installable Options, set the Duplex Unit to Installed, Apply, OK.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Please read this post then provide some details.  What operating system?  What driver settings for color and media type?  Duplex printing is not available if photo or transparency media are selected, and may not be an option if Print in Grayscale, Black Ink Only is selected.

In recent versions of Windows you could go to the Devices and Printers folder, right click on the Officejet Pro 8720, select Printer Properties, Device Settings, Installable Options, set the Duplex Unit to Installed, Apply, OK.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Thnax... advise was helpful...originally I made wrong selection of 8720 ( Fax)  rather than just 8720.  Can duplex now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.