Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 995c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, there are no available drivers for HP Deskjet 995 to use with Windows 10. Cannot I continue to use my pronter? Is that possible?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The Deskjet 990c driver is a good match for the Deskjet 995c hardware.

w10 dj 990c.png

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Dear Bob, thanks, but I could not solve the problem. I've tried to get the list you mention. If I've correctly understood, I should select 'Add a prnter', but in this section I'm not able to find 'Install the printer driver'. I tried with 'Update' ('Aggiorna'), but I could not get any list, even if you can see 'The desired printer is not in the list' written under 'Update'.

And nothing also going through 'Device Manager' .

😞

Screenshot (884).png

HP Recommended

Dear Bob, in the end I succeeded in installing the driver of Hp 990, but I cannot print. The printer is considered as working, but I could not print the test page and everytime I try to print something there is an 'Error'. Should I maybe unistall it and try again to install it?

Thank you very much, 

Eva

HP Recommended

Are there any blinking lights on the printer?  Do the print jobs stay in the queue?

There are a few things to check:

How to use the print cartridge status icons

When the PRINT CARTRIDGE light flashes, open the Access Cover (also known as the top cover or lid) on the printer. When the Access Cover on the printer is opened, the print cradle moves and the yellow arrow on top points to a drawing of a cartridge. Each drawing (known as a print cartridge status icon) describes a symptom. The meaning of each drawing is described below.
Figure : Print cartridge status icons
  1. Yellow arrow
Icon/Drawing
Problem identified by the symbol and the solution
Problem
The color cartridge is missing, improperly installed, defective, or the wrong print cartridge is installed.
Solution
1. If there is no color cartridge in the cartridge cradle, insert a color cartridge.
2. If there is a color cartridge in the cradle, remove the color cartridge and firmly reinsert it.
3. Check to make sure the color cartridge is appropriate for the printer.
4. If the problem persists, replace the color cartridge.
Problem
The black cartridge is missing, improperly installed, the wrong print cartridge, or is defective.
Solution
1. If there is no black cartridge in the cartridge cradle, insert a black cartridge.
2. If there is a black cartridge in the cradle, remove the black cartridge and firmly reinsert it.
3. Check to make sure the black cartridge is appropriate for the printer.
4. If the problem persists, replace the black cartridge.
Problem
The color print cartridge is running low on ink.
Solution
Replace the color print cartridge with a new color print cartridge.
Problem
The black print cartridge is running low on ink.
Solution
Replace the black print cartridge with a new black print cartridge.
Problem
None. The print cartridges are working correctly.
Solution
None. The print cartridges are working correctly.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.