Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am getting the same error and can't find a way to fix the issue.  Unplugging/Turning off doesn't help.  I have not recently replaced my ink cartridges, or left the ink cartridge slots empty within the printer, so I am sure that is not the problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I replaced the black cartridge and the message went away. I printed several test pages, and it works perfectly now. Why didn't the error message just say "replace ink?"  Anyway, I'm closing this message now -- hopefully it will be helpful to someone else.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi @sjamij,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums for a solution to your printer issue.

I understand that you have an HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One Printer that is showing a "Printer Failure" error message on its display. I would like to help with that.

Here is the support document intended for use with this issue - A 'Printer Failure' Message That Might Include an '0x610000f6' or '0x61xxxxxx' Error Code Displays o....

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

The article you suggested details the steps I took prior to posting my initial message. I followed this article, step by step, without resolution. I am picking up new ink cartridges tomorrow and will update this post as to whether or not that resolves the printer failure message.

@rb011 wrote:

Here is the support document intended for use with this issue - A 'Printer Failure' Message That Might Include an '0x610000f6' or '0x61xxxxxx' Error Code Displays o....

HP Recommended

Hi @sjamij,

Thanks for getting back to me with that information.

When you reach the bottom of the document I provided it says "Service the Printer", which in other words means Contact HP Tech Support by phone as they may be the only ones available to resolve this issue because you are probably dealing with a hardware issue.

What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
Yes I saw that, but since my printer isn't under warranty I'd rather save that option as a last resort before just dumping it for a new one since I'm not at all interested in paying for phone help. I didn't get a chance to pick up the ink yesterday but I will update this evening.
HP Recommended

I replaced the black cartridge and the message went away. I printed several test pages, and it works perfectly now. Why didn't the error message just say "replace ink?"  Anyway, I'm closing this message now -- hopefully it will be helpful to someone else.

HP Recommended

Hi @sjamij,

Glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue.

Please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons up on my initial reply above so others with similar issues can find the solution easier.

Thanks!

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

@rb011 wrote:

Hi @sjamij,

Glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue.

Please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons up on my initial reply above so others with similar issues can find the solution easier.

Thanks!

No, because your solution didn't fix my issue

HP Recommended

how do i remove error notice on hp officejet when i try to copy from the computer

HP Recommended

I need help Printer failure inkjet system message

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.