Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 8 (6,664 Views)

officejet 6600 unable to connect to wireless network

officejet 6600 unable to connect to wireless network - wizard indicates it may be a MAC address filtering issue (diagnostics results show "No Filtering -------- FAIL"), but I've checked my verizon routers webpage and MAC authentication is disabled.  I've tried moving the printer closer to the router to ensure that it isn't a signal strength problem - no change.  Is there any other reason the printer might not connect to the network? 

Provost
Message 2 of 8 (6,655 Views)

Re: officejet 6600 unable to connect to wireless network

[ Edited ]

Verizon routers are problematic:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02986958

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 8 (6,652 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reply.  I'd found that posting  you sent the link to - http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02986958

My 6600 isn't even getting an IP (it indicates "IP: No Link"), so I can't follow the directions from that posting.

I've spent an hour on the phone with a nice HP rep who indicated that I needed to speak with my Verizon tech support.  Verizon tried a couple of things (although they said it was not their responsibility), but with no success.

I think this printer is going back to the store, and I'll get a Canon.

Teacher
Message 4 of 8 (6,649 Views)

Open the configuration pages within the router's embedded web server. Look for something called a DHCP client list. Is the printer listed? If it is, can you ping it by IP and/or host name from any of your client computers?
Message 5 of 8 (6,645 Views)

Thanks - but the printer does not show up in the client list.  

Student
Message 6 of 8 (1,979 Views)

my Officejet 6600 is not connected to my lap top computor. It was at one time,but is no longer. How can I re-connect?

Provost
Message 7 of 8 (1,975 Views)

Have you tried to reinstall the printer from scratch?   You need to verify the printer is connected to your router's SSID with a valid IP address.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution .
I worked for HP but now I'm retired!

Printer Hint #1 - Always buy a printer with a display panel for easy configuration.
Printer Hint #2 - Always buy a printer with separate black and separate color cartridges.
Printer Hint #3 - Always buy a wireless printer with an Ethernet port for backup.
Special Note: There is a 96.8% chance the information you seek is in the User Guide/Manual.
Student
Message 8 of 8 (1,082 Views)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation