Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Great! 

I'm glad you could resolve the issue. 

Let us know if you have anymore issues.

HP Recommended

I have tried the tricks posted above as well.  I would be forever grateful if you could help me as well try to figure this out.  Thank you very much.

HP Recommended

Hey mbban,

I see you are having an issue with black lines in your copies with your 8600.  If you have performed all cleaning, power resets, and made sure the unit is plugged into a direct wall outlet, then the next step is going to be performing a factory reset on the device.

I have these steps and will send them to you in a private message.  Please read Bob_Headrick's thread on printer resets, found here, prior to performing these reset steps.

Let me know how it goes,

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

We have tried unplugging the unit for up to 10 minutes. It is plugged directly into the wall. We have cleaned all glass on the flat bed and feeder.

It used to work fine and still prints OK, but scans and copies are nothing but black lines with faint almost invisible trace of scanned document.

What do we do next? This is frustrating.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hey FDGrant,

I see you are having an issue with black lines in scans/copies.  This thread is about the Officejet Pro 8600.  Is this the printer you have?

As well, have you tried cleaning the glass/ADF glass strip on the printer?  Smudges or oils on this surface can cause black lines in scanned/copied outputs.  

If these steps have all been performed, then I have the steps for a factory reset on this product.  Let me know and I can send these steps to you in a private message.

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

hello,

yes, we have cleaned everything. please let me know how to try a reset.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hey FDGrant,

Thanks for the update.  I have these steps and will send them to you in a private message here in the HP Consumer Support Forums.  Please check your inbox and read Bob_Headrick's thread on printer resets, found here.

Hope this helps,

Jason

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

OK, Jason, Thanks.

I read Bob's message, and I get it.

How do I find a private message?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hey,

If somebody sends you a message, there will be a blue envelope icon right beside the Log Out link. To check your message box, click on the envelope icon.

PM4.JPG

This information came from the thread found here.

Hope this helps,

Jason

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I did the reset. I went through the whole setup. Nothing has changed. It still doesn't scan or copy properly. it still prints.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.