Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
officejet pro 8630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Files I have scanned and saved as .pdf files, both w2ith this printer and others print very slowly, print a line, pause, etc.  Files such as owners manuals I have down loaded from manufacturers print normally.  The .pdf files that print slow on the 8630 print normally on Deskjet 3510 or Kodak Hero 9.1.  I have reset printer, removed and downloaded new drivers, and upgraded firmware, in addition to trying different UDB cable and port.  I have also downloaded new version of Adobe Reader DC.  Computer is a Pavillion p7-1050t that I upgraded frome Win 7 to Win 10

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @ejohnp

Thanks for the reply!

If you decide to perform a clean install of your OS, system recovery is the way to do it. This option reformats the system drive (usually C:), reinstalls the original operating system and reinstalls all the original hardware drivers and software. All you save files will be lost and your computer will be formatted to the day you purchased the machine.

Go to http://hp.care/2d8t85o and follow the steps under " Recovery when Windows 10 does not start correctly" to perform the recovery.

Visit us again if you have any concerns!

Thank you again and may you also have a great day and even better tomorrow 🙂

Please consider marking my post as "Accepted solutions" to help other users with the same issue to find a solution more efficiently. Click on "Thumps up" to give me "Kudos".

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello, @ejohnp – Greetings 🙂

Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!

I understand that you are having issues while printing the scanned PDF files on your Officejet printer. I would like to help 🙂

Let's first try printing these PDF as images. Here are the steps:

• Choose File > Print, and then click Advanced.
  • Select Print as Image.
  • Click OK to close the Advanced Print Setup dialog box, and then click OK to print.

Also, please go through the steps mentioned here: http://hp.care/2dSDxCD

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Printing as an image makes no difference.  All the sugestions about checking cable, changing port, deleting and reinstalling drivers, etc. I have already done.   Print Production only takes me to a site to sign up for Acrobat Pro for 14.99 per month.

Since my original posting, I copied one of the files to a USB drive, and printed it from my laptop and it printed normally.  I then tried printing it from the USB drive with my desktop, and had the same print and pause problem, so it appears to be a problem with my desktop rather than a .pdf file being corrupted.  Laptop and desktop are both 64 bit and have been updated from Win 7 to Win 10.

I guess if all else fails I can copy the scanned manuals to my laptop and print them from it, though I am beginning to suspect it is about time to replace this old computer, but I hate to spend the time getting everything set up to suit me on a new one.

HP Recommended

Hello, @ejohnp

Thanks for the reply & appreciate your efforts 🙂

It certainly looks like an issue with the desktop PC environment. Did you completely uninstall the Adobe reader and reinstalled the app? If so, try some alternate PDF reader applications available. That should do the trick.

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I had an earlier Adobe Reader I uninstalled and then downloaded Adobe Reader DC and installed it.   After trying it a few times I Uninstalled Reader DC, and downloaded it over again and installed thinking my original download may have had a problem,.  Still no help.  I have also installed Soda ( https://www.sodapdf.com/ppc/en/free-pdf-creator/?cmp=spdf_fre_g_us_s_a_creator&key1=pdfReader&key2=p... ) and it has the same problem.    I am beginning to think I will have to either put my computer back to original and start over agin, or replace it.  Considering my desktop is 7 or 8 years old, and my maximum download speed where I live is only 1.2 Meg. I will probably replace it.

HP Recommended

Hello, @ejohnp

Thanks for the reply!

If you decide to perform a clean install of your OS, system recovery is the way to do it. This option reformats the system drive (usually C:), reinstalls the original operating system and reinstalls all the original hardware drivers and software. All you save files will be lost and your computer will be formatted to the day you purchased the machine.

Go to http://hp.care/2d8t85o and follow the steps under " Recovery when Windows 10 does not start correctly" to perform the recovery.

Please consider marking my post as "Accepted solutions" to help other users with the same issue to find a solution more efficiently. Click on "Thumps up" to give me "Kudos".

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help DVortex, I appreciate it.  This computer was one of the very early Win 7 machines and has been a good machine, but it is becoming tempermental.  I have not yet decided whether I am going to restore this one or wait until they go on sale this fall, and start over.  I keep my data backed up on an external hard drive, so recovering it will not be a problem which ever way I go.  I printed a copy of this discussion for reference if I decide to restore this computer.    As a side note, I am a retired electronics technician, and became a "computer nerd" when windows were still something you used to look through a wall.  LOL  I wrote a few programs in coco-basic, and bought some books to study C++ and Borland, but decided that was not the way I wanted to go.    At work maintaining our company computers was not offically part of my job, but since our IT people were as much as 200 miles away, dpeneding on who owned us at the time, it fell to me to maitain our computers.  I retired 12 years ago, and since then have only kept up enough to maintain my own, so I am not very up to date.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.