Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8630 / 8620
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I have an HP Officejet Pro 8630 that has just died. Its 2nd paper tray is, however, fine. Is the only difference between the 8630 and the 8620 the second paper tray? If so, can I reuse the tray from my dead 8630 on a 8620 (or any other models)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The extra tray for the Officejet Pro 8630 will also fit the Officejet Pro 8600, 8610, 8615, 8620, 8625, 8630 and 276DW printers.  You may need to go into the printer settings and enable the extra tray.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The extra tray for the Officejet Pro 8630 will also fit the Officejet Pro 8600, 8610, 8615, 8620, 8625, 8630 and 276DW printers.  You may need to go into the printer settings and enable the extra tray.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.... I have been doing research since I posted my question, and have pretty much come to the same conclusion: that the [optional] second paper tray for the 8620 is exactly the same as the [included] second paper tray of the 8630 .

However, FYI, I am pretty sure that the second paper tray for the 8600 is NOT the same. I know that the part # for the 8620 is A8Z70A, and that the part number on the 8600 is CN548A. I just saw another thread about this, and confirmed it with my own research.

HP Recommended

I got my information from the HP Partsurfer Site, and I have personally used the tray from the HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium on an Officejet Pro 8620, Officejet Pro 8600 Plus and Officejet Pro 276dw.  

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

OK, then, you're probably right.....

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.