Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Photosmart 3310
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a new computer (Lenovo H30) and immediately upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10. I ran the Print and Scan Doctor which downloaded the latest software,  HP Photosmart and Officejet Full Feature Software and Drivers - Full_Webpack-140.0.408-5-AIO_CDA_FSW_Full_Win_WW_140_408-5 and then installed it.

Whether I use a USB cable, Network Cable or wirless connection, the HP installer doesn't see the printer. That is true even when I type in the IP address.

If I run the Print and Scan doctor, it doesn't see the printer the first time. Only after it has been switched off and then on again does it see it. It finishes by suggesting that I down load the above software for the printer.

I can find ways to print but I can't scan documents which I do frequently.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled softeware several times. I have turner off the Firewall and McAfee Real Time scanner as some post suggest that this could be the problem.

I can see the printer in the File Explorer>Network window and get its network name, I can access the printer using a web browser and the IP address. I can see it, the PC can see it, however, the HP installer never sees it.

Your help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This thread has been locked, For more information on HPPIW please refer to the following support document:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02681060

The HP Printer Install Wizard is a support application from HP that assisted in downloading printer software. This support application is no longer supported by HP. The last update to this software was on September 22, 2015.

To download and install the latest version of software for your HP printer, please visit 123.hp.com, HP support website, or HP Support Assistant (in English).

I Work for HP

View solution in original post

54 REPLIES 54
HP Recommended

Same with me I have used HP for years and am well used to having to use print & scan doctor etc. My setup is proving to be even weirder . I installed win 10 to a separate partion to test it out unfortunatly was unable to register it !? Printer as you describe but was able to print to it through another pc on home network.

I made the mistake of updating my original win 8.1 to 10 the printer problem is just the same. I wonder did HP test the driver with win10 ? one would assume that they did so why are we having problems?

I think they make the software so complicated and have it writen by so many different programers  Why not use the programer of print&scan doc to sort the installer? 

HP Recommended

Hi ViktorSeven, and daffyduck, 

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I see that you are getting the printer not found message with your HP Photosmart 3310, on Windows 10, and I am happy to help! 

Please, try the steps within this guide, 'Printer Not Found' Error Message Displays in Windows for the HP Photosmart 2700 and 3300 All-in-One..., and use the Windows 7 option, as these steps will work on Windows 10. 

A possible workaround for scanning without HP software, is to go through this guide, Scan Without HP Software (Windows 10)

Hope this information is helpful, and thank you both for posting! :generic:

“Please click the Thumbs up icon below to thank me for responding.”

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Wow.  The advice was to run the Print and Scan Doctor!

As I said in the inital problem statement, that is where I started trying to solve the problem.

As for how to scan without the AiO software, if any of the applications had been able to see the Photosmart 3310 then I would have used that. I have just tried the scan app and it said " To get started, connect a scanner". Catch 22.

add scanner.PNG

For the record, the lights on the back of the printer are a steady green and a flashing orange. I can access the EWS and scan from there. But that is it.

As for uninstalling the softeware; I uninstalled the HP softerware as suggested. When unistalling the Windows installer crashed. When I pressed the "Cancel" button, the PC went to restart and then stopped and froze on the Lenovo screen. A 5 second press of the "On/Off" button closed the PC down.The PC then restarted and Windows openned with a minimal set of drivers.

The problem is that the printer and scanner are not being found my applications, e.g. Scan and the HP Photosmart Full Function software.

The HP tools can see the printer, see below.

printer.PNG

I have installed the software without the McAfee Live Scan running and without success.

I have run the HPPIW, HPPSdr and the HP solutions centre tools. I have been asked and downloaded the same full function software many times, all without result.

There is a problem with the HP Photosmart and Officejet Full Feature Software and Drivers - Full_Webpack-140.0.408-5-AIO_CDA_FSW_Full_Win_WW_140_408-5 which common sense attempts to over come have failed.

Please would you relook at this and advise how to proceed as I still can't scan.

Daffyduck, have you had any better fortune than me.

HP Recommended

I am also finding this DEEPLY frustrating.

Photosmart 3310, Windows 10 Pro, HP Solution Suite software (allegedly for Windows 10).

I can connect to the printer web interface, no problem.  I can manually add the printer, no problem (though this is print only).  When I install and run HP's Solution Suite it refuses to find the printer on the wireless network.  More frustratingly, the HP Print and Scan Doctor can see the printer.  I've uninstalled my Antivirus, disabled my firewall and everything else I can with msconfig / task manager start-up.

I just can't get the Solution Suite to see the device to finish the install.  I've tried USB, WiFi and wired connections.  God help me I have even tried a reverse patched network lead and static IP's.

Will someone from HP please fix this, all I want it to print AND scan.

HP Recommended

Hi Everyone! 

Please try the following steps within this order: 

Let's see what happens! :generic:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

Many thanks for the reply, but I am sorry to say that I have already tried all of that twice in the past 3 days.

It's not Windows or other software, it's not the printer, it's not my router, it's the HP Software.

Please can someone at HP upgrade a Windows 7 laptop to Windows 10, install the new HP software then try connecting to a Photosmart 3310 Wirelessly - I am sure the issue would be easy to replicate.

Does Solution Suite generate any logs during install that I could share?

HP Recommended

Hi TemporalRift,

It is possible this could indeed be an issue with the software. So we can help determine that, can you try reinstalling using the HP Full Feature Software and Drivers, and try with a USB printer cable instead, and post the results? 

Thank you for posting, and hope to hear from you soon! :generic:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Please will you explain the thinking behind this. Other than creating a new user I have cared out all of these steps, in sequence, without success.

I've even used other tools such as Advanced Uninstaller Pro to make sure that I have removed as much of the old installs as possible.

Other people are saying they have the same problem getting the Photosmart software to see the printer, which is found when running HHPSdr and HPPiw.

Why do you believe creating a new user will make the difference?

I'd like to understand before I spend yet another unhappy hour try to get the scanner to work.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi there,

Thank you for the follow up.  Unfortunately, as per my original email, the printer is not detected via USB from the Solutions Suite Software either.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.