Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

tried to trouble and still getting above message on printer

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

Hi,

Click on the link below and see if the steps provided helps you solve the problem. If the steps still doesn't help

solve your problem, contact HP and have the product service.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01953073

" Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
. "
HP Recommended

I just spent $22.00

HP Recommended

Purchased two new hp 901 black ink cartridges to replace and still displays the error message.  Unfortunately, I am unable to return the items back to the store because I opened both packaging.  :catsad:

HP Recommended
@napirade - Have you followed the link provided above and did the contact cleaning? If you have done all the steps listed above the next process I would try is a hard reset to the machine. A hard reset will attempt to restore your printer to a previous known working condition and it should also be noted that no user settings are lost with a hard reset.
To do a hard reset:
1. With the printer plugged directly into a wall outlet, and turned on, unplug the cord from the rear of the printer.
2. Then unplug the cord from the wall socket.
3. Wait at least 30-60 seconds
4. Plug the power cord back into the wall socket first. If the cord has a module in it, make sure that the light on the module is lit up and then plug cord back into the rear of the printer
5. The printer should power back on by itself, but if not use the power button on front panel to turn machine back on.
I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
HP Recommended

I just did this. I was so excited, I was able to print ONE page... then it gives the same error. Please help, this does not seem to be a one-time fix

HP Recommended

barbielynn - Have you done the above linked document and performed the cleaning to the black cartridge? If so,  I would repeat the manual cleaning and then remove both cartridges from the machine and close the access door. Then repeat the hard reset in my above post. Once the printer recognizes the cartridges are missing, open the access door and put the cartridge back in the printer. Then reattempt to print.

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
HP Recommended

I have completed all the steps described on

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01953073

but and I’m still experiencing THE problem: After I install a new original HP cartridge, the 'Incorrect Print Cartridge(Black) error message displays on the computer. It has no problem with all my old empty cartridges. Only a new one I just opened and it is not refundable 24,99$CA+Tax=28,73$CA.

Please do something!!!!!!!

Product # CC653AC

Ser. N  1737652092390241

Exp date 2014/11/28 

just bought at Future Shop 2013/03/08

HP Recommended

I'm experiencing the same problem.  I have an empty black cartridge 901xl which got refilled and got emptied again, so I bought a new cartridge Black 901 from Best Buy.  It never worked, getting the same message Cartrige Problem Black. If I replace it with the old cartridge, the message goes away.  Din't get the chance to get the brand new one. gggrrr.

HP Recommended

Problem solved, I went to the Future Shop. I've been very polite with my explanation about grrrrr cartridge... I printed all  my posts to the HP support+the 6 steps suggested on HP site (including contact cleaning and hard shut down, and prinnter soft reinstalation that I did hopping it will work. Future Shop exchanged it thanks to them.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.