Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Pavilion pb-2100 desktop pc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can't find "print to fit page" option since auto update of printer.  Prints the pdf small with large frame area of white.  Maybe caused by Windows 10 upgrade?  Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer.  A different print window comes up on "Edge" instead of my normal print window.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@8lives wrote:

Right click on the pdf file & a menu opens up, select Open with & select IE.

Thanks!  You have solved my problem!  I forgot about the "open with" option.  Windows 10 removed my IE and put Edge in its place, telling me Edge is the new IE, or something to that effect.  I rarely used IE anyway, prefer Firefox, but some web sites need IE to work right.

To sum it all up, your instructions to go to "open with" let me select "PDF Vista", which is the program I always got to before when opening a PDF.  I am so thankful to be able to print things right.  That Edge printing page was pretty lame, useless to me.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi, use IE11 to print the PDF file.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

@8lives wrote:

Hi, use IE11 to print the PDF file.

I don't know how to use IE11 to print.  Before W 10 all I had to do was dbl click to open the file and it came up as a pdf with numerous options, one being "print to fit page".  Now when a file opens I get a lot of worthless options and no way I can see to print to fit the page, which means a small page copies will enlarge to fill the whole page so I can read it.  It didn't open in any browser before, but in a printer page.  The printer scans fine, just won't give me any useful print options. 

HP Recommended

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@8lives wrote:

Thanks!  You have solved my problem!  I forgot about the "open with" option.  Windows 10 removed my IE and put Edge in its place, telling me Edge is the new IE, or something to that effect.  I rarely used IE anyway, prefer Firefox, but some web sites need IE to work right.

To sum it all up, your instructions to go to "open with" let me select "PDF Vista", which is the program I always got to before when opening a PDF.  I am so thankful to be able to print things right.  That Edge printing page was pretty lame, useless to me.

HP Recommended

This is also my problem but I really don't understand the instructions.    Where do I find all these?

I have a laserjet cp1025 color, and my system is XP, and I could do with some help please as the things I print out have really big margins instead of printing to the edge of the page.

Thank you.

dalaner

HP Recommended

@dalaner, those instructions are for Windows 10.

What PDF reader are you using?

HP Recommended

@dalaner wrote:

This is also my problem but I really don't understand the instructions.    Where do I find all these?

I have a laserjet cp1025 color, and my system is XP, and I could do with some help please as the things I print out have really big margins instead of printing to the edge of the page.

Thank you.

dalaner

dalaner, I don't know if this will work for you because I had a different printer when I had XP.  Find a PDF under "my document"s and right click on it instead of regular way to open files.  When a list pops up, select PDF Vista.  When your PDF opens this way you will see a box to tic next to "print to fit".  Can you print to fit text documents?  I only had the problem with PDF's, long ago solved by the advice to right click.  If you don't have PDF Vista, maybe the list will have another choice that will work for you.  Good luck!  Kathy

HP Recommended

Delaner, I'm sure you have fixed this issue already, but I was having the same issue this morning, and so I followed this thread. I don't have the PDF Vista on my machine, and I'm using Firefox. I wasn't getting anywhere until I "opened with" Chrome instead of Firefox.  When I open the document that way and then ctrl p there's a panel over on the left. If you hit "More Settings" and then "Scale," you can fit to the page that way.  It's a little clunky, but that's my workaround.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.