Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
All in one inkjet printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The printer now is not printing every 4th line,is leaving the spaces as blanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The color cartridge will need to be replaced.  For the black cartridge the troubleshooting steps in the document here may help resolve missing lines printing on your Deskjet Ink Advantage 1515.  Clean the contacts on the black cartridge as shown in steps four through six.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

The issue you are describing would typically be due to an electrical connection issue between the printer and cartridge.  Please read this post then provide some details.  What printer model? What operating system?  

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

reply to the query:

my printer is HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 1515 Color All-in-one Inkjet Printer X0073XNBV

operating system is Windows 10 Pro

HP Recommended

The troubleshooting steps in the document here may help resolve missing lines printing on your Deskjet Ink Advantage 1515.  Clean the contacts on the black cartridge as shown in steps four through six.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

Even before receipt of your advice,I have cleaned the contacts on the  two cartridges ,it worked. But,every  4th line is not cleanly inked,it has small breaks without ink.Is it necessary that I replace the cartridges with new ones?

Thanks-Bob_Headrick!

HP Recommended

The troubleshooting steps in the document here may help resolve the gaps in printing.  Print a self test page (select the Windows 8 instructions).  Do the black or color nozzle patterns appear complete or are there regular missing sections?  It would help if you could scan and post the top portion of the nozzle pattern, section 1 and above in the test page.

Follow these steps to print a test page.
  1. Load clean, white U.S. Letter or A4 paper in the input tray, if necessary.
  2. Press and hold the Power button. While holding down the Power button, press and hold the Cancel button. Hold them both down for 2 or 3 seconds.
    The test page prints.
    Figure : Press and hold the Power and Cancel button
    Image: Press and hold the Power and Cancel button
    1. Power button
    2. Cancel button
Different cartridges print different areas of the test page. Use the following guidelines to determine which cartridge printed which areas.
  • The black cartridge prints the black areas of the page, such as the black bars and black text.
  • The color cartridge prints the color areas of the page, such as the cyan (blue), magenta, and yellow color bars.
    Figure : Which cartridge prints which areas
    Image: Which cartridge print which areas
    1. Printed with the tri-color cartridge
    2. Printed with the black cartridge

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

Mr Bob_Headrick,

I got the test page in a different way.The yellow bar is only visible,other colors absent.

Reg black color,some portions(about 10%) of print are showing white,that is not printed.

Have I to replace the cartridges?

Please confirm.

HP Recommended

The color cartridge will need to be replaced.  For the black cartridge the troubleshooting steps in the document here may help resolve missing lines printing on your Deskjet Ink Advantage 1515.  Clean the contacts on the black cartridge as shown in steps four through six.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

Mr Bob_Headrick,

The quality of printing in black has definitely improved after following the steps suggested by you.I will continue for some time before purchasing a new cartridge.The case can be closed.

Thank you very much!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.