Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5534

Printer has started to quit printing half way through when sending wirelessly  from my  hp laptop. It prints complete test pages, and diagnostics say all is well. WIFI Connection is constant. Power is ok.

If it continues I will have to replace printer, how can I transfer the instant ink account to a new printer????

Getting very frustrated. I am not a computer technician, so answers with technobabble will be lost on me.

Help!!!  

Laptop runs on the awful Windows 8.1 (64 bit)

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi , 

Please follow this document . 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-5500-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/5304881/model/5373130/d...

Revert for any clarifications

HP Recommended

Hello @witsend966,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you're experiencing problems with half pages printing on your HP ENVY 5534 Printer. I will certainly do my best to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

There could be a few reason why this would be happening. such as a print driver, print settings or a problem with the printer. To help eliminate some of the these I would like you to perform a couple tests. 

Please click here to download and install the printer's firmware using a USB connection. 

Fix and enhancements:

1. Enhancements to networking security
  2. Enable Protected Management Frame (PMF) router connection
  3. Fixes miscellaneous minor defects

Once you have completed the firmware update I would do a hard reset to see if that will resolve the issue.

1. Leave the printer on and unplug the power cable from the printer and wall outlet for 60 seconds.
  2. Then reconnect the power cable to the printer and wall outlet rather than a surge protector. This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.
  3. Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet (don't use a power bar or a surge protector). 

Perform a copy to see if it prints half pages:

If the problem persists, follow the steps within this guide to see if there is an obstruction or issue with the printer: 

If the copy was successful there is likely a problem with the print driver, print settings or the application that you're trying to print from. 

Please run the Print and Scan Doctor: 

Please let me know the results.Smiley Happy 

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.