12-23-2011 05:48 PM
I had a printer the black started skipping, I tried 6 printhead cleaning process, no help.
I took the printer apart and found there was no way to access the print head.
Step 1: I then took card stock (40 pound paper), opened Word and drew a circle in the center of the sheet.
Step 2: Filled with black (or any color that is skipping), then on the card stock I moistened the area where
the circle would print.
This cleared up SOME of the skipped lines. Tried cleaning the heads again, did not improve and more.
Step 3: (If needed) I then taped two sheets of card stock together (a small piece of
scotch tape in the center of each side).
I then repeated steps 1 & 2, this almost removed all skips, I then ran another head clean and ta-da, complete
black printing with no skips.
Since you have no black, maybe your black printhead is completely dried, maybe this will help.
12-24-2011 12:05 AM
The page here may help.
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)