Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have a photosmart all in one 58200 printer. My os is windows vista(unfortunately). Up until recently I had no problem printing my word 97 documents and all of a sudden either the pc or the printer decided not to print them. It will print anything else in Microsof office. The message I get is "The exception unknown software except (0x0000005) occurred in the application at location 0x76072266.

I am out of work and need to print my resume'. HELP!!!!

Thanks,

Keala 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Open office worked. THANK YOU!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

I recommend that you download and install Open Office. Install the Acme 376 Compatibility kit from the Open Document foundation and you should have no more Word 97 issues. Open your Word 97 document in Open office check the format and layout of the document and print it.  

regards,

erico 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Do I download the free version of Open Office or the paid version.

Thanks,

Ke'ala 

HP Recommended

Hi,

@KEALA wrote:

Do I download the free version of Open Office or the paid version.

Thanks,

Ke'ala 

Open Office is free. 🙂  Don't pay for it. Download it from OpenOffice.org 

regards,

erico 

Message Edited by erico on 10-03-2009 10:08 PM

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi,

@KEALA wrote:
The idea behind marking accepted solution is to help others easily find the solution to the same or a similar problem. I am sure you inadvertently marked yours as the solution, but it wasn't the post which solved your issue.   
As the original author of the thread, You have administrative privileges in your thread. You can click on the edit button in the upper right hand corner of the inadvertently marked "accepted solution' post and select unmark accepted solution and mark the post that actually helped you resolve your issue as the accepted solution.
regards,
erico 

HP Recommended

I do not see an edit button.

Ke'ala 

HP Recommended
Hi,

@KEALA wrote:

I do not see an edit button.

Ke'ala 

Do you see one that says Options? That is where you can make the change. I tested it on own of my own threads.
regards,
erico 

HP Recommended

Printer won't print Word 97 documents.  Will print from everything else.  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

HP Recommended

If you run Office programs with administrator rights, printing works fine. Bur off course other problems occure, like Windows search within Outlook is not working.

But for a print job exit Word, and start up with adm rights, do the print, and then exit word when done.

No need for removing av reinstalling driver, or turn off UAC or create a new user.

Just run MS Office program with admin rights.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.