08-23-2013 02:23 PM
Having problems with my HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium not doing the auto switch from default tray to next tray during print job. I've tried unplugging the printer, removing and replacing tray 2, checking for jams, shuffling paper, resetting the default tray (paper can be pulled from both trays when set as default), but I still get an "out of paper" message when the default tray is empty even though the other tray is empty. I can manually exchange empty tray for full one, but the printer no longer automatically switches over when one of the trays is empty. HELP!
09-05-2013 12:15 PM
The Printer Does Not Pick Up Paper From Tray 2, or Tray 2 Is Not Recognized
may offer some help:
There may be something there which will help.
I was a support engineer for HP.
If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)