Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@Lesacsmith wrote:

looking for a printer that uses 74xl

The HP Pageyield site lists the following printers compatible with the 74xl:

Compatible printers (released since July 2005)

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I have the 5200 and it will in no way recognize the XL cartridge. 

HP Recommended

Will the 74XL work in a hp office jet 5740?

thanks

HP Recommended

Thanks, the list helped. However since it's a list from 2005, wondering which one of these on the list is still available at HP for sale. Thanks.

HP Recommended

@65stingray wrote:

Will the 74XL work in a hp office jet 5740?

thanks

No, the Officejet 5740 uses the HP 62 or 62XL cartridges.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I have a pair of 74LXs & a pair of 75XLs both new the 75s are still in hp plastic wrap

And the 74s are clipped send me your cell phone number & I will text you a picture of both

Any fair offer will be concerned

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.