Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

HP Officejet Pro 6830. This message,  0xc19a0020, appeared immediately after I had replaced ink cartridges (all original HP from Staples). It seemed unlikly to be a coincidence, so I contacted Staples, returned the cartridges, and received new ones. I did not install them immediately, as we were going to be out of town for 2 weeks. I installed them yesterday, and was dismayed to see the same error message pop up. Interestingly, after truning it off and on, multiple times, I was able to print one short document without any problems, but then the message returned immediately and that was the end of printing. The printer was only 2 months out of warranty. Are they designed to fail at that point??? Very unhappy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Ellenhof wrote:

Or maybe it did go through even though I got a submission failed message..........I just received an email about a replacement order! 🙂

It sounds like you should be getting a replacement.  From what I understand it generally takes 3-5 days for the replacement to arrive, then you will need to return the failed unit using the prepaid shipping label.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

The printer will need to be serviced. See the document here for information, which will lead to the following page if you are in the US or Canada.  Fill out the form regardless of your warranty status.

It is certainly not in HP's best interest to have printer failures, the printer was not designed to have printhead failures.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I was hopeful, and the form does say the printer is eleigible, but the replacement request form doesn't go through, tried twice, and the contact HP support option only gives me the twitter contact option. I don't use twitter.

HP Recommended

Or maybe it did go throught even though I got a submission failed message..........I just received an email about a replacement order! 🙂

HP Recommended

@Ellenhof wrote:

Or maybe it did go through even though I got a submission failed message..........I just received an email about a replacement order! 🙂

It sounds like you should be getting a replacement.  From what I understand it generally takes 3-5 days for the replacement to arrive, then you will need to return the failed unit using the prepaid shipping label.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

Thank you Bob. What a releif,

HP Recommended

I've experienced the same problem - planned obsolescence at work!

HP Recommended

Thank you for the tip, but my model does not have a removable printhead. More for the landfill, which distresses me greatly. Time to hit Facebook and let the  world know.

HP Recommended

@asw726 wrote:

Thank you for the tip, but my model does not have a removable printhead. More for the landfill, which distresses me greatly. Time to hit Facebook and let the  world know.

Did you contact HP as shown in the solution above?  The solution does not require you replace the printhead, if you have one of the affected models the printer is replaced and HP then refurbishes it with a new printhead.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

We are having this same problem! Also just a few months out of warrenty. Tried submitting the form, but got the error message...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.