12-05-2010 02:23 PM
I bought my officejet 8500 a little over a year ago. I use it infrequently. A printhead just failed. HP admits that it can't control the failure. The printer is now a piece of rat**bleep** that can't be fixed, and I'm out the $229 and the cost of the cartridges. Never buy a piece of rat**bleep** HP computer or printer. They won't do anything about an admitted failure that is built in.
12-05-2010 02:30 PM
All ranting aside, the printheads are user replaceable parts that do wear out over time. I would start with the troubleshooting steps in this page. If that does not resolve the issue replace the affected printhead.
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)