06-04-2009 10:02 PM
I want color!! My color ink ran out & I couldn't afford to get new for a few months. I bought new color (78) and black (15). I replaced the old with the new but it wouldn't print in color as shown on my screen only black and white. The old cartrages had worked really great. What happened?
I've taken the cartrage out and placed it back in. I've run the test. I've checked my cords and all those things are OK. My computer is an HP Pavilion with WIN XP (pack 2)
06-05-2009 05:30 AM
You need to make sure you use genuine HP print cartridges to ensure good quality. HP cannot guarantee the quality of remanufactured or refilled print cartridges.
To diagnose this issue we need print a standalone test page using button combination on the printer to check whether it is software related issue or cartridge problem.
Make sure that protective tape has been removed from the color cartridge.
Try to Printing a sample page
1) Turn the printer on.
2) Press and hold the RESUME button until the printer starts printing.
3) Release the RESUME button.
Please refer the link below : To check how the sample page look
If still not printing in color in standalone, Please refer the link blow to fix .
If standalone test page is printing with color, but not printing from pc : Please refer the link below to fix
Hope this should help.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)