Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Is it possible to print a document on legal size paper on the Officejet Pro 8610 printer?  If so, how do I do it, or where can I find instructions?  I need to print an excel document and can set it up to print, but don't know how to load the paper.  The paper tray is too small.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@jaztenor

The User Guide (Chapter 2, Page 24) explains how to extend the tray to accommodate the legal size paper.

NOTE: To load legal-size paper, press the blue latch at the bottom left of the input tray and
fully extend the tray.

Green_Line_1.jpg

Use Printing Preferences to indicate to the printer which paper you are using.

Paper Size and Media Type: 

Control Panel > icon view > Devices and Printers > Right-Click your Printer >

Printing Preferences > tab Paper/Quality

Reference, suggestions, and examples:

Printing Preferences

Green_Line_1.jpg

Depending on the program / browser you are using the submit the print job, you might reach the Printing Preferences through Print Preview.

Example - Firefox:

Browser > File > (click) Print > Properties (opens Printing Preferences)

Manage Print Output with Print Preview

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@jaztenor

The User Guide (Chapter 2, Page 24) explains how to extend the tray to accommodate the legal size paper.

NOTE: To load legal-size paper, press the blue latch at the bottom left of the input tray and
fully extend the tray.

Green_Line_1.jpg

Use Printing Preferences to indicate to the printer which paper you are using.

Paper Size and Media Type: 

Control Panel > icon view > Devices and Printers > Right-Click your Printer >

Printing Preferences > tab Paper/Quality

Printing Preferences

Green_Line_1.jpg

Depending on the program / browser you are using the submit the print job, you might reach the Printing Preferences through Print Preview.

Example - Firefox:

Browser > File > (click) Print > Properties (opens Printing Preferences)

Manage Print Output with Print Preview

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks.  I had actually looked at that page in the user guide but was looking only at the blue latch in the middle, which isn't the one that extends the tray.  I already had the document set to print on legal paper, but missed the important blue notch at the side of the tray.  :indifferent:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.