Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 4520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just installed envy 4520 on clean install win10. The printer is connected via WIFI.

Printer doesn't print from windows.

test page from HP Printerhulp does work. Scanning is also possible.

HP Print & Scan doctor cannot solve the problem

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Thomas-origins

Thank you for replying with the clarifications,

If it's the offline printing you have concerns with,

Please follow the steps listed below:

You could download the alternate printer driver, 
If the Envy 4510 doesn't have windows 10 compatible drivers:

1. Click on your Start menu
  2. Select Devices and Printers
  3. In the Devices and Printers folder right click on your HP Envy 4500 and left click on Printer Properties.
  4. Left click on the Advanced tab
  5. Left click on New Driver
  6. When the New Driver window opens just hit 'next' until you see a list of Manufacturers on the left and a list of Printers on the right.
  7. Select HP as the Manufacturer on the left
  8. Select Deskjet 6980 as the printer on the right. If Deskjet 6980 doesn't appear than select 'Windows Update' on the bottom left and once the update completes you will be able to select Deskjet 6980.
  9. After selecting Deskjet 6980 hit next to complete the New Driver Wizard
  10. Under the Printer Properties window select 'Applybut don't hit OK
  11. Select the General tab
  12. Rename your printer back to HP Envy 4500
  13. Hit OK
  14. Lastly, right click on your HP Envy 4500 one more time and left click onPrinting Preferences
  15. Left click on the Paper/Quality tab
  16. Left click on the 'Normal' dropdown for Print Quality on the bottom right and change this to Fast Normal
  17. Hit Apply and OK

It should resolve the issue and get the printer back up and running,
for direct printing rather than using the network,

Let me know how that pans out, 

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Thomas-origins,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read about your HP Envy 4520 printer and it is not printing from the computer.

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

• Set the default printer and unpause printing.
  • Reset the printer and check the connection status.
  • Reinstall the printer using HP Printer Assistant.

Click here for the document which you can refer.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks for being a part of the HP community.

Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help.

If you wish to say "thanks" for my efforts, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

thanks for your reply.

However, we tried al of your suggestions already, and they didn't resolve the problem.

We uninstalled the software several times and reinstalled it with HP Printer Assistant. Also we've used HP Scan and Print doctor.

For the moment i shared the printer on another computer in the network, using this printer it's possible to print. It's really slow, but it works.

kind regards

HP Recommended

@Thomas-origins

Thank you for the update,
I appreciate your time and efforts,

I understand that the printer is now working and I'm glad, however, since you have issues with slow printing,

please follow the step by step guide by Clicking here

Since it's over the network, you could also attempt the below steps,

Let's set a static IP address for the printer:

- Print a Network Config Page from the front of the printer. Note the printer's IP address.
- Type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings.
- Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.
- On this screen, you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range).  Yours is 10.0.1.2 to .200.  Let's use 10.0.1.220 for your printer.
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)
- Enter your router's IP (on the Network Config Page) for the gateway.
- Enter 8.8.8.8 for the first DNS and 8.8.4.4 for the second DNS.
- Click 'Apply'.

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

I'm sorry, but i think you've misunderstood me.

It is working for the moment, only because i shared the printer on another computer (my dads). From his computer printing has been normal all the time.

When i want to print from my computer, directly to the printer, it doesn't work! I have to select the shared printer and then it's very slow.

I want to print directly to the printer, as it should be.

thanks for your time.

HP Recommended

@Thomas-origins

Thank you for replying with the clarifications,

If it's the offline printing you have concerns with,

Please follow the steps listed below:

You could download the alternate printer driver, 
If the Envy 4510 doesn't have windows 10 compatible drivers:

1. Click on your Start menu
  2. Select Devices and Printers
  3. In the Devices and Printers folder right click on your HP Envy 4500 and left click on Printer Properties.
  4. Left click on the Advanced tab
  5. Left click on New Driver
  6. When the New Driver window opens just hit 'next' until you see a list of Manufacturers on the left and a list of Printers on the right.
  7. Select HP as the Manufacturer on the left
  8. Select Deskjet 6980 as the printer on the right. If Deskjet 6980 doesn't appear than select 'Windows Update' on the bottom left and once the update completes you will be able to select Deskjet 6980.
  9. After selecting Deskjet 6980 hit next to complete the New Driver Wizard
  10. Under the Printer Properties window select 'Applybut don't hit OK
  11. Select the General tab
  12. Rename your printer back to HP Envy 4500
  13. Hit OK
  14. Lastly, right click on your HP Envy 4500 one more time and left click onPrinting Preferences
  15. Left click on the Paper/Quality tab
  16. Left click on the 'Normal' dropdown for Print Quality on the bottom right and change this to Fast Normal
  17. Hit Apply and OK

It should resolve the issue and get the printer back up and running,
for direct printing rather than using the network,

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.