Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
PhotosmartC4400 all-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Prints blank pages.  I've used "Print and Scan Doctor", uninstalled and reinstalled printer, printed test page, printed internal page, unplugged printer, reinserted cartdridges, looked for updated drivers.  Does not print from any program.  It printed a document perfectly and a few minutes later reprinted it with no ink. It sounds like and the paper acts like it is really printing but everything I print comes out blank.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

The troubleshooting steps in the document here may help resolve blank pages printing from your Photosmart c4400 printer.  Does the diagnostic page print properly or is it blank as well?  The diagnostic page does not use the print driver, it is controlled by the printer's firmware.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I also did that before posting. 

There was  no partial or fading ink.  It had been printing perfect, then switched to no ink at all.

Neither test page had ink. 

HP Recommended

Were both black and color properly printing before, but both have now stopped?  There are a couple things to check:

• Remove the cartrddiges and gently blot the printhead on a damp tissue.  Do you get a strong blot (not just a smudge) or the black and color inks? 
  • With the printer turned on unplug the printer (and disconenct any cables) for sixty seconds or so, then plugh the printer back in and repeat the  diagnostic test.  Any change?

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Strong blot with the color, weak blot with black.  Estimated ink levels say they have ink.

Unplugged wires to printer 60 sec.  Blank diagnostic page.

HP Recommended

Yes they were printing properly and stopped suddenly

HP Recommended

Having both black and color fail completely and suddenly, while the ink is still available and the printer is going through the motions of printing, would appear to be a printer hardware failure.  I will ask some of the other HP experts online today to step in and make suggestions, there may be something else to try. 

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

Hello, 

Iam sure you have tried steps suggested by @Bob_Headrick .

However click HERE to see if the steps could help.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

I just did the clean and intermediate clean and prime and clean again......blank pages

It says to buy new cartridges now

I would think new cartridges if the colors had become faint before the colors disapeared, but  I've never had ink run out between documents.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.